Best Searching

Brown strong

Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Brown carved out a niche for himself at right-back during Gary Neville's injury-enforced absence between March 2007 and the start of the current campaign, making the position his own for club and country.

But Longsight-born Wes, who turned 29 today, hasn't given up on reverting to his more natural central defensive role, even if the position is now the stronghold of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

"I wouldn't have thought I was settled at right back for good," he said. "With Gary being out I was the main contender for that position. Now Gary's back, the gaffer can easily change it. If Vida or Rio are out, then he can put me at centre back."

Brown did occupy the position alongside Ferdinand on a handful of occasions last term when Vidic was out injured. "Against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final it was a really tight game and the gaffer put me there hoping I could use a bit of my experience. It turned out well and we got the result we needed."soccer.
by Ben Hibbs

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

my Life


  © Blogger template Leaving by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP